Home » , , , , , » What I don't like about movie and TV show adaptations

What I don't like about movie and TV show adaptations


I love movies and TV shows but one thing I don't like are adaptations. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying people shouldn't make adaptations or they are bad. Most or half of my favorite movies and TV shows are adaptations. Generally, I don't like adaptations in film and TV. Here's why.

Adaptations feel lazy - No matter how amazing a movie and TV show adaptation is, I can't deny the script was practically ripped out of its original source. As a fan, I can't say I'm proud of the creators for creating completely original content. I feel the creators are simply creating adaptations because they can't create their own scripts. 
 
Adaptations are predictable - If you see a movie or TV show adaptation and you're familiar with the original source, you're not going to be excited. Sure, there might be slight changes to adaptations but very few. Adaptations have to generally follow the basic plot of the original source to be considered adaptations. 

Adaptations are a waste of opportunity - The resources used to create TV show and movie adaptations could be devoted to original content. I'd rather invest in creators who are willing to take creative risks than those who simply capitalize on what's successful. 

It's a waste of money - If you're familiar with the original source of TV and movie adaptations, it's somewhat of a waste of money to buy the same story twice. 

These summarize why I don't like adaptations in cinema. If I had to choose between original movies and movie adaptations, I'd prefer original movies. 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

Art and entertainment

- Created By SoraTemplates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Themes