Home » , , , , » Samurai Jack season 5 episode 8 review

Samurai Jack season 5 episode 8 review

This is one of the most intense Samurai Jack episodes I've ever seen. I loved the beginning of the episode because we got to explore another alien culture. It was special and creative. The scenery was beautiful. This review contains spoilers so beware!

The scene with the green tigers was a very intense fight. I loved how the show built up the tension quite well with little to no dialogue. What made this fight scary was seeing Jack and Ashi completely surrounded by them. It was also the fact the tigers expressed themselves with letters. 


The cinematography made this fight more intense with its "shaky camerawork" after Jack delivers each blow. The music was decent. Rather than fight them until they win, Jack and Ashi choose to flee. It's wiser and makes you wonder if they would've lost had they stayed. 

When they enter the prison, the setting and dim lighting made this disturbing. What made it more unsettling was the mystery behind what happened to the prisoners.  


The last fight was the most intense of the episode especially considering how Jack doesn't know how to use the device properly. 

I didn't like this episode as much as others. I disliked the sexual references. I thought they didn't add anything to the story though they were humorous. I also didn't like Ashi and Jack's relationship that much. I'll elaborate more on that in my review of the last episode of Samurai Jack season 5.   

I highly suggest buying Samurai Jack season 5 on DVD! 
  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

Art and entertainment

- Created By SoraTemplates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Themes