* Capitalize on your opponents mistakes - When you or your opponent makes a mistake whether it's missing an attack or not committing to an attack, it can cost him or her. You can notice this in pro-wrestling when a wrestler moves out of the way after his or her opponent jumped off the top ropes or when they perform a counter-attack at a critical moment. Capitalizing on an opponent's mistakes can help you in winning a street fight.
* Learn from your surroundings - I've noticed especially from watching hardcore matches that pro-wrestlers are very aware of the environment around them and take advantage of it. They pull out all sorts of weapons and utilize them in devastating ways. By learning from your surroundings, you will be better equipped to survive in a situation requiring self defense.
* Learn to adapt - Pro-wrestlers especially in barbed wire matches or inferno matches adapt to the changing situations as the match progresses. Pro-wrestlers will often use their balance and speed to avoid getting thrown into a flaming table. The ability to adapt to each situation is an essential skill in self defense because if you can't, your opponent will have the upper hand.
* Immobilize your opponent - Sometimes you have to wear out an opponent's arm or leg if he or she is too powerful to defeat single-handily. A great example of this is seen in when Kurt Angle faced the Undertaker at No Way Out 2006. Kurt Angle realized that the Undertaker was superior in terms of striking and strength so he resorted to strategically wear out his legs to render his moves useless. This weakened the Undertaker significantly to where Kurt Angle could wrestle against him more easily.
* Psychology - There is also a psychological aspect in pro-wrestling that is often overlooked in self defense. Confidence, emotions, and perceptions all play an important role in whether you win or lose. This can be seen in staredowns or when a pro-wrestler cowers when he or she realizes his or her opponent is seemingly unstoppable.
In conclusion, the pro-wrestling business isn't just for pure entertainment. It can teach us many important skills that can be applied in daily life even in self defense.